Create stunning and realistic light ray effects quickly and easily. Known as volumetric lighting in computer graphics or crepuscular rays in atmospheric optics, this dramatic effect adds polish and style. Since the rays are only added to highlight areas, they have the effect of passing through objects and add a third dimensional quality. Add shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night or rays shooting out from text. Rays adds a striking and dramatic quality to any image.
- Set the ray length and brightness
- Control ray direction with an on-screen control
- Customize the color of the rays using a color picker
- Threshold control to specify where the rays will be visible
- Add your own light source to generate rays
- Randomize the rays
- Add texture inside the rays for a more natural and organic look
- Modify settings with sliders
- Sophisticated but easy to use masking tools *
- Layering system for multiple film stock application *
- Modify settings with sliders
* Photo plug-in version only.
- One Rays photo plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture if installed on the same machine.
- One Rays video/film plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion 5, Avid Editing Systems, Assimilate Scratch, Black Magic Resolve, Sony Vegas and The Foundry's Nuke if installed on the same machine.
Rays v2 Downloads
This is a paid upgrade and will require a v2 serial number. Your v1 serial will not work.
User Guide and Tutorial
The above software contains a 15 day fully functional trial for both photo and video/film versions.
Note: Please download and test the software on your machine before purchasing. Once a permanent license has been issued, your order can not be refunded.
The software will be converted to a permanent version by purchasing a license.
Internet access required during activation / deactivation and to get a trial license.
System / Software Requirements:
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 and up (64 Bit Only)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and up (Non-app store version)
- Apple Photoshop Lightroom 3 and up
- Apple Aperture 3
- Adobe After Effects CS5 and up
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and up
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Motion 5
- Avid Editing Systems (64 Bit only)
- Assimilate Scratch v8 and up
- Black Magic Resolve v11 and up
- Sony Vegas v13 and up
- The Foundry's Nuke v8 and up
- Macintosh Multicore 64 Bit Intel® processor
- Mac OSX 10.7.x and up
- Windows Vista 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit
Internet access required for software activation / deactivation / trials
Version 2.0v2 released 12/03/2014Bug Fixes
- gputool Not Signed on Mac
The gputool was not signed on Mac.
- gputool Settings Not Working Correctly
The gputool's settings were not overriding the preferences set in the photo and video/film plug-ins.
- Mac Pro Dual D700 FCPX Issue
GPU acceleration was not working properly on Mac Pro Dual D700 graphics cards in FCPX.
- Windows Installer - Check for OpenCL
The Windows installer now checks for OpenCL before installation.
Version 2.0 released 11/09/2014
- Light Source
A circular light source can now be used to enhance the generation of the light rays. It is particularly useful when the image does not have strong highlights.
Texture can be added to create more natural and organic rays.
The rays can be blurred.
- Layers and Masking
Photo plug-in hosts now have layering and masking. Mask types include: Gradient, Spot, Path, Snap, EZ Mask, Selection and Paint.
- OFX Host Support
The OFX plug-in format is now supported making it compatible with digital intermediate programs Assimilate Scratch and Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve, the Foundry's Nuke compositing software and the Sony Vegas non-linear editing system.
- Retina Display Support
Support for Mac Retina displays has been added.
User Interface - New Preview Size
A 4096 pixel size was added to the Film Stocks user interface Preview Size preference. Images can be now be previewed at 1024, 2048 and 4096 pixels.