reFine presents a new technique for performing selective sharpening, detail enhancement, edge aware smoothing, cartoon and pencil effects. Using high-quality edge preserving filtering of still and moving images, there are considerable speedups and memory savings over existing methods. Our approach decomposes the image into three detail layers: Coarse, medium and fine. Each of the detail layers can be manipulated separately in various ways, for instance, sharpening or smoothing. Add to that sophisticated, but easy to use masking and you have quick isolation of image features for selective filtering.
- Sharpening and Detail Enhancement
- Edge aware smoothing--useful for removing skin blemishes
- Hyper realistic sharpening and smoothing effects
- Coarse, Medium and Fine detail adjustments
- Cartoon and pencil effects
- Layering system for multiple filter application *
- Sophisticated but easy to use masking tools *
- 32 bit image processing
- Multi-processor acceleration
- GPU acceleration
* Photo plug-in version only
- One reFine photo plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Apple Aperture if installed on the same machine.
- One reFine video/film plug-in license will allow it to run in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Motion 5, Avid Editing Systems, Assimilate Scratch, Black Magic Resolve, Sony Vegas and The Foundry's Nuke if installed on the same machine.
reFine v2 Downloads
User Guide and Tutorial
The above software contains a 15 day fully functional trial for both photo and video/film versions.
Note: Please download and test the software on your machine before purchasing. Once a permanent license has been issued, your order can not be refunded.
The software will be converted to a permanent version by purchasing a license.
Internet access required during activation / deactivation and to get a trial license.
System / Software Requirements:
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 and up (64 Bit Only)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 and up (Non-app store version)
- Apple Photoshop Lightroom 3 and up
- Apple Aperture 3
- Adobe After Effects CS5 and up
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and up
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Motion 5
- Avid Editing Systems (64 Bit only)
- Assimilate Scratch v8 and up
- Black Magic Resolve v11 and up
- Sony Vegas v13 and up
- The Foundry's Nuke v8 and up
- Macintosh Multicore 64 Bit Intel® processor
- Mac OSX 10.8.x and up
- Windows 7 64 bit and up
Internet access required for software activation / deactivation / trials
Version 2.0V7 RELEASED 12/07/2015Bug Fix
- After Effects and 16/32 Bit Depth Corruption
In Adobe After Effects CC 2015 Version 13.6, Adobe changed the way plug-ins dealt with 16/32 bit processing. New versions of our plug-ins are required to deal with this change.
Version 2.0V6 RELEASED 8/06/2015Bug Fixes
- OFX Keyframing
We fixed a problem where certain parameters were not keyframing in some OFX hosts.
VERSION 2.0V4(WIN) & 2.0V5(MAC)RELEASED 6/16/2015Features
- Adobe CC 2015 Installer Compatibility
The 2.0V4(Win) and 2.0v5(Mac) installers will automatically find Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.
- Avid Crashing on Start (Mac Only)
Avid made an architectural change between MC v8 and v8.1 that caused the Avid to crash when Dfx v4 was installed. We have worked around this issue and the minimum requirement for Avid systems is now Mac OSX 10.8 and above.
- Delete Layer
You can now Delete a layer when multiple layers are present.
- Nuke Plug-in Naming
Added prefixes to the plug-in names so as to not create conflicts with Nuke's internal node naming.
- GPU Acceleration
reFine's primary algorithm is now accelerated with OpenCL using your graphics card resulting in dramatic speed increases.
- New Mask Types
Added Path, Snap and Selection mask types.
- OFX Host Support
The OFX plug-in format is now supported making it compatible with digital intermediate programs Assimilate Scratch and Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve, the Foundry's Nuke compositing software and the Sony Vegas non-linear editing system.
- Retina Display Support
Support for Mac Retina displays has been added.
- User Interface - New Preview Size
A 4096 pixel size was added to the Film Stocks user interface Preview Size preference. Images can be now be previewed at 1024, 2048 and 4096 pixels.